Current rank and affiliation
Professor at the Department of Political Science, Stockholm University.
- Professor 2007
- Associate Professor 2002
- PhD, May 1996
- Bachelor of Arts, 1988, Stockholm University
- Basic judicial academic training in Law, 1987, Faculty of Law, Stockholm University
- Score, Stockholm Centre of Organizational Research 1996-1997 (post doc)
- 1992, Institute of Governmental Studies, University of California- Berkeley (Doctoral student)
- January 2008- 2011 Chairman at the Department of Political Science
- January 2005-2008 Deputy Chairman of the Department of Political Science
- January 2003-2005 Research Director at Score (In Swedish: forskningsledare)
- May 2001 Lecturer (tenured), Department of Political Science, Stockholm University
- July 1997 : Head of Master Programme in European Politics, Department of Political Science, Stockholm University
- July 1997 - 2005 : Researcher at Score
- July 1996-June 1997: Post doc grant, Score (Stockholm Centre for Organizational Research)
- July 1992-June 1996: Ph.D grant, Swedish Council for Research in the Humanities and Social Sciences
- February 1989-June 1989: Consultant, Swedish Research Defence Establishment
- June 1988-September 1988: Trainee, Ministry of Defence
Positions within the Faculty
- Member of the board of the Institute of International Economy, Stockholm University, 2010-
- Member of the Faculty Board since 2009-
- Member of ‘Kvalitetsrådet’, Stockholm University, 2009-2013
- Chairman of the Board of Score 2009-2011
- Member of the SNS Board of Trustees 2016 -
- Chair of the Board of NOPSA (Nordic Political Science Association) 2014-09-29
- Deputy Director of Stockholm University Graduate School of International Studies (SIS).
- Member of Steering Committee of ECPR Standing Group on Regulatory Governance 2014 -
- Member of the board of Stockholm University Baltic Sea Centre 2014 -
- Member of the board of SCAS 2013 –
- Member of Statskontorets Scientific Board 2012 –
- The Representative of Stockholm University on the board of Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship, SSES, 2011 –
- Member of the board of the Resilience Centre 2010 – 2013
- Member of the board of the Swedish Network for European research 1998 –
The Political Role of Corporate Citizens (co-editor with Karin S. Helgesson), Palgrave MacMillan, 2013.
Securitization, Accountability and Risk Management: Transforming the Public Security Domain, (co-editor with Karin S. Helgesson), Routledge, 2012.
Democracy and Public-Private Partnerships in Global Governance, (editor with Magdalena Bexell), Palgrave, 2010.
European Public-Private Collaboration – A Choice between Efficiency and Democratic Accountability? Cheltenham: Edward Elgar 2008. Monograph
Privata och offentliga partnerskap – styrning utan hierarkier och tvång? (editor with Kerstin Sahlin-Andersson) (In English: Private and Public partnerships – governance without command and control?) Stockholm: SNS, 2006.
Soft law in Governance and Regulation: An Interdisciplinary Analysis, editor, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar 2004.
Organizing European Cooperation – the case of armaments, Rowman & Littlefield 2003. Monograph
Interdependens, konflikt och säkerhetspolitik, Stockholm: Nerenius & Santérus förlag, 1998 (co-author), (In English: Interdependence, conflict and security-Sweden and the American technology export policy).
Vardagsintegration – La vie quotidienne – Sverige i Eureka och Eureka i Sverige, PhD Dissertation, Department of Political Science, Stockholm University, 1996 (In English: Day-to-day integration. Sweden In Eureka and Eureka In Sweden), Monograph
Articles (Peer-review Journals)
"Involuntary Public Policy-making by For-Profit Professionals: European Lawyers on Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing" (with Karin S Helgesson), Journal of Common Market Studies, 2016, 54, 5:1216-1232.
"Organizational Legitimacy in the Age of Governing by Numbers: The Case of Regulatory Partnerships on ESG Issues and Financial Decisions", Globalizations, 11:3, pp. 369-384, 2014.
"A New Role for For-Profit Actors? The Case of Anti-Money Laundering and Risk Management", (with Maria Bergström and Karin Svedberg Helgesson), Journal of Common Market Studies, January 2011.
Guest Editor for a Special Issue of Nordiske Organisajonsstudier (Nordic Organisational Studies) on the theme "Changed Borders between the public and the private spheres?", January 2009.
"The Market turn in EU Governance – The Emergence of Public-Private Collaboration", Governance, 22:1, pp 99-120.
"Public and Private Partnerships as dilemmas between efficiency and democratic accountability- the Case of Galileo", The Journal of European Integration, 2007:4, 29.
"European Integration as Organizing: The Case of Armaments", Journal of Common Market Studies, Vol 42, No 5, pp 957-73 (with Malena Britz), 2004.
"Nordic political science and the study of European integration", (with Lee Miles), Journal of European Public Policy, 9: 2, 2003.
"Competing Frames in the European Commission – The Case of the Defence Industry/Equipment Issue," The European Journal of Public Policy, Vol. 7, No. 2 , pp 173-89, 2000.
"Policy Diffusion in Research and Technological Development: No Government is an Island", Cooperation and Conflict, 33:1, pp 35-58, 1998.
"Dealing with a High Vulnerability Trap: The USA, Sweden and Industry", (with Bengt Sundelius), Cooperation and Conflict, Vol. 28, No 3, 1993.
Section editor of "Sweden in the EU", in Oxford handbook of Swedish Politics, Jon Pierre (ed), Oxford UP, 2016.
"Sweden in a Multigovernance Polity", in Oxford handbook of Swedish politics, Jon Pierre (ed), Oxford UP, 2016.
"PPPs in Scandinavia", (with Carsten Greve), In International Handbook on Public-Private Partnerships, eds, Hodge, Greve and Boardman, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2011.
"Soft Law", In Guy Peters et al, eds, IPSA Encyclopedia of Political Science, SAGE, (Forthcoming In February 2009)
"The Market Turn in EU Governance – The Emergences of Public-Private Collaboration", In Samhällstyrning i förändring, eds., Göran Sundström and Jon Pierre, (In English: Change of Governance) Forthcoming 2009)
"The Market Turn in EU Governance", In Dehousse, Renaud, ed, The Transformation of EU Policies, Connex Report Series, No 8, 2008.
"Svensk politik i ett flernivåsystem – den Europeiska unionen", (In English: Swedish politics in a Multi-Level System) i Mellan folkhem och Europa: svensk politik i ny tid, eds Li Bennich Björkman and Paula Blomqvist, Malmö: Liber, 2008 (In English: Between ”Folkhem” and Europe – Swedish Politics in a New Era)
"Soft Law and New Modes of EU Governance – A Constitutional Problem?",
In Law, State and Democracy in Multi-Level Governance, Stockholm Studies in Democratic Theory, vol II, 2006
"Soft Law and Global Democracy", In Transnational Governance: Institutional Dynamics of Regulation, eds. Marie-Laure Djelic and Kerstin Sahlin-Andersson, Cambridge UP, 2006
"Den frivilliga styrningens attraktionskraft" (with Kerstin Sahlin och Kerstin Jacobsson, In English: The Attraction with Voluntary Rules), In Den organiserade frivilligheten, eds Magnus Boström et al, Liber, 2004 (In English: Voluntary Organisation)
"Europeanisation as interpretation, translation and editing of public policies", In The Politics of Europeanisation: Theory and Analysis, red Kevin Featherstone and Claudio Radaelli, Oxford UP 2003.
"Framing an American Threat: The European Commission and the Technology Gap," In Threat Politics, ed. Johan Eriksson Aldershot: Ashgate, 2001, (also published in an edited volume by Princen, ed, Routledge 2003).
"Swedish Industrial Policy and Research and Technological Development: The Case of European Defence Equipment Cooperation", In Miles, L. ed. Sweden and the EU Evaluated, Cassel Publishers, 2000.
"EU som organiserad gemenskap," (In English: The EU as an organised community), In Goldmann, K. et al Politikens internationalisering, Lund: Studentlitteratur, 1999.
"Europeiseringen och den svenska staten", (in English: Europeanisation and the Swedish State, with Bengt Jacobsson), In Ahrne, G. ed, Stater som organisationer (In English: States as Organisations), Stockholm: Nerenius & Santérus, 1998.
"Sweden and the United Nations", (co-author), In Krause, K. & Knight, A. eds, State, Society and the UN System: Changing Perspectives on Multilateralism, United Nations University Press: Tokyo/New York, 1995.
"The EU as a normative power?", Score Working Paper, 2004: 10.
"European integration as Organising-Alternative Approaches to the Study of European Politics", (with Malena Britz) Score Working Paper, 2002: 1.
"Competing frames in the European Commission – The Case of the Defence Industry and Equipment Issue," Score Working Paper, 1999: 1.
"Paradoxes of Europeanization. Swedish Cases", (with Bengt Jacobsson), Score Working Paper, 1998:2.
"Policy Diffusion in Research and Technological Development: No Government is an Island", Score Working Paper, 1997:3.
"State Strategies in a Changing European Order: Sweden's Participation in European Industrial R & D Cooperation", Nordic Studies Occasional Papers, No 6, 1995, University of Humberside.
Demokratirådets rapport 2003: Demokrati i EU (coauthor with Olof Petersson, Johan P. Olsen and Jonas Tallberg), Stockholm: SNS förlag (In English: Democracy in the EU).
Demokratirådets Rapport 2001: Demokrati utan utland (coauthor with Olof Petersson, Daniel Tarschys and Karl-Magnus Johansson), Stockholm: SNS förlag (In English: Democracy without an abroad).
28 februari 2017
Sidansvarig: Ulrika Mörth