Visa & Residence permit

Before you come to Sweden, make sure that you have the correct documentation. Here you can learn more about Visa and residence permit.


For information about insurance please use this link.


Stockholm University rents and manages furnished rooms and apartments which are owned by other landlords in Stockholm. These are available to international students at Stockholm University.

Your application for accommodation will  be handled completely by the Housing Office.  Visit the Housing Office's website for more information. If you still may have some unanswered questions concerning housing after having read through the information provided, please contact the Housing Office directly at

Further practical information

Here you wil find all the practical information that you need before and at the beginning of the semester.